Thank you for choosing Coulis Cardiology for your cardiac care. We are committed to providing you with the best cardiology care. The following information is provided to avoid any confusion regarding payment for professional medical services.
Coulis Cardiology has instituted this policy as part of its Compliance Program to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and sound ethical business practices. Coulis Cardiology collects patient payments promptly, equitably and consistency with all federal, state and payer regulations.
Patient Payment Policy
- Co-payments must be paid at the time of service, upon check-in. We cannot waive any co-payments, deductibles or coinsurance amounts defined as patient responsibility. Such a waiver may violate state and federal laws. If the co-pay is unable to be paid at the time of service, the appointment will be rescheduled
- We accept cash, check, Visa and MasterCard
- We will file all claims for our services with your insurance carrier(s)
- Once payment has been provided or the service is deemed noncovered by your insurance carrier, you will receive a statement of patient responsibility, payable upon receipt
- If you are unable to pay your balance in full upon receiving your bill, you must set up a payment plan with the billing office. Failure to comply with terms of your payment plan will result in the transfer of your account to a collection agency
- If your account is past due or you are 10 days in default on a payment plan, you will be turned over to a collection agency
- If you do not have medical insurance coverage, payment in full is due at time of service
There will be a $25 fee for returned checks
- If the patient is a minor (17 years and younger), the parent or guardian is responsible for payment of the account
- Appointments cancelled less than 24 hours prior to appointment or consistent no show appointments may be subject to a $25 fee payable by you
If required by your insurance, it is your responsibility to bring any required referrals for treatment at, or prior to, the time of your visit. If you do not have a referral, your visit will be rescheduled, or you may be financially responsible.